What is the overall height of a fire surround with two fireplace hearths and will this fit into my fire chamber?A fireplace hearth is the bottom base section of the fire surround. Originally fireplace hearths were intended to be a heatproof/heat resistant surface below a fire surround the safety reasons, however they have nowadays progressed to being a decorative section of the fire surround. At Creative Fireplaces, we manufacture a few of our fire surrounds with two fireplace hearth (please click here to view our entire range). The majority of our customers are easily able to recess the overall height of the fireplace hearths into their fireplace opening.
What is the overall height of the two fireplace hearths?
- Each fireplace hearth is 50 mm high. So the overall height of the combined hearths is 100 mm (50 mm +50 mm equals 100 mm).
- But I have enough recess depth to accommodate 100 mm height?
* Yes, the majority of homes will have sufficient height to accommodate both fireplace hearths.
* The average opening in a fire chamber is usually 695 mm high.
* The overall height of the fireplace hearth is 100 mm (50 mm per fireplace hearth). * The average inset fire requires a minimum opening of 545 mm high
* This means that you have sufficient recess depth: 695 mm (average opening fireplace) - 100 mm overall height of hearths = 595 mm * 595 mm is sufficient to recess a fire, as the average fire is 545mm